Posted to misc.consumers.house
LJ LJ is offline

Default Newly paved driveway - How long before I can park on it?

Well, I waited about a week and a half and then parked the cars in the
driveway.

Now I have tire indentations in the driveway that are about an 1/8 -
1/4 inch deep.

I'm not letting any of the cars sit for more than a few days in the
same spot until about a month has gone by, just in case.

LJ

Tomes wrote:
Beware of the party - folks will not know how to drive nicely on new
pavement and will wear dips into it from turning their steering wheels with
out moving - likely repeatedly as they try to get their packed in cars
maneuvered. Also some will drip oil and you will find all this the next day
and cringe. At least there is a quite good chance of this. Make them all
park in the road and walk up the nice new driveway to show it off.
Tomes

"LJ" wrote in message
ps.com...
Thanks for all the replies.

I have a party coming up and the driveway would really come in handy,
however, I'm going to wait the full 2 weeks just in case.

Thanks for all the input.

LJ

Rick Blaine wrote:
"John A. Weeks III" wrote:

No, not at all. It should be fine the next day.

I agree - unless the company uses a "chip and seal" process instead of
real
ashphalt. The city uses that around here- they mix hot oil/tar and gravel
and
spread it over the existing road. The oil/tar they use is somewhere in
between
oil and true ashphalt and it is significantly softer than ashphalt. Takes
several weeks before normal traffic stops leaving tracks.