Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] steve@staffbull.net is offline

Default UK wiring diagrams domestic

David Hansen wrote:
On 3 Sep 2006 10:59:11 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

what i am uncertain of is i need to switch one light in the kitchen
from two locations and another light from just one. I know i'll need a
2G two way switch on one side and a 1G two way on't tother its just the

wiring inbetween em thats a bit flummoxing!!!

If you visit a big red shed and buy an individual light switch then
these usually come in a plastic bag. In these plastic bags there is
usually a folded up piece of paper, upon which there are some black
pixels (usually called ink, the overall process is called printing).
The pixels on the paper, think of them as a screen, tend to contain
the information you are looking for:-)

I'm no lemon ( electronic
engineering) but havent done any domestic installations before.

I hope you haven't done any industrial or commercial electrical
installations before. No smiley there, deliberately.

also does anyone know the regs required for depth of channels in walls
for cables and also what is required in the way of conduit/covers for
the cables in the channels?

I suggest that you need to, as a minimum, read the information set
out in
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Book/1.1.htm and far better
purchase or borrow the book it refers to.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh

I had stated NO installations, thats why I asked for advice