Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden raden is offline

Default Does flash banding stick to lead

In message .com,
Weatherlawyer writes

Ali Mac wrote:

As a matter of interest, the section of valley that split was half way down
a continuous 3m run and I've been reading loads of posts recently about 1.5m
being the optimum max length for flashing and so on. On the basis that the
same is true for lead in a valley, there is an example on what can go wrong.
Roof relaid about 15 years ago (slate, mortared ridge tiles, lead flashing
etc) and is starting to need some TLC, which I think is way to soon.

Way too soon?

Perhaps but lead stretches in the heat and does not contract (as harder
metals do) at night. We had some exceptional weather recently to send
it over the edge.

Do you work on Drivel physics or what ?

please explain

--