Posted to alt.home.repair
jeffc jeffc is offline

Default Moisture around AC vent

One year old house. I was in the crawlspace (no basement) and noticed the
subflooring was wet around one of the air vents. The line is pretty well
insulated all the way to the vent. I'm not sure why that vent in particular
would be a problem, but it seems to be the only one. I'm concerned the
subfloor will start to rot over time. I checked it about a month ago and it
was the same. There is no moisture I can detect from inside the house on
the floor (pine flooring.) Any ideas why this is happening or what to do?
I will call the builder, but it's a couple months beyond warranty and he
might not do anything. Need to be armed with information....