Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Anthropist Phil Anthropist is offline

Default Freezer operation at low ambient temperatures?

"Vortex" wrote:
Hi,

We have a 10-ish year old Zanussi Freezer which we would like to relocate
outside (under shelter but open-air...and therefore susceptible to low
temperatures from time to time.).

The manual states: "If the room temperature falls below freezing point
the freezer will not function as it should".

Can anybody explain the above statement in more detail, please? I really
do not understand why a modern freezer shouldn't work when outside.

Thanks,

David

Whether it works or not, if sited outdoors, condensation will accelerate
rusting of the cabinet. May not matter in view of its age.