Posted to misc.consumers.house
[email protected] humorwriter1@gmail.com is offline

Default Stove/oven pilot light keeps going out

We moved into our home a few months ago and have a gas range
(Frigidaire model, basic) with pilot lights. When I turn the oven on,
often the pilot lights on the stove burners and/or the oven will go
out. Can anyone tell me why this is? Is something dirty that we need to
clean? Is it time for a new range? The gas company has checked for
leaks and found none. I've never had a gas range with pilot lights so
am unsure how they're supposed to work, but I'm pretty sure the pilot
lights aren't supposed to go out when you turn the oven on! Thanks for
any help you can give.