Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] acrabat@blueyonder.co.uk is offline

Default Central heating-concrete floors

Hi
I dont know what most people do but my brother and I just installed a
complete system in his new house ( well, new to him anyway). We used
copper for 1m from the boiler then switched to polyplumb 15mm, ran it
upstairs, dropped it down behind the location of each rad in raggles we
chassed into the walls (we ran the pipe in flexible plastic conduit so
it can always be easily replaced, i think hepworth call it 'pipe in
pipe').
The system works great and without naff conduit showing. The big big
downside is the amount of dust that raggling a 1,1/2" chase into the
walls creates. In his case it was acceptable since the house was gutted
and he wasnt living in it yet. Oh and make sure you fit a drain cock
valve to each rad that is dropped down.