Posted to rec.woodworking
dicko dicko is offline

Default Keeping brass shiny

My front doo knobs where always tarnishing. Every year I'd dismatle
the hardware, polish them, spray them with laquer, put them back on.
It was a real pain in the back side.

Then I decided to spray them with gloss polyurethane. 15 years later
when I sold the house they were still bright and shiney. Now I use
polyurethane on all my brass. I guess the only downside is that if
you ever do need to polish it, the polyurethane would be a bear to get
off.

dickm

On Sun, 13 Aug 2006 14:15:51 GMT, "MikeG" wrote:

Hi,

Is there any product that y'all know of that will prevent brass from
tarnishing/oxidizing? I am just about to inlay some 1/8" diameter brass
rods into a painted piece, and once inlaid, it will be difficult to polish
the inlay should it need it. Thanks for any help.

Mike G