Posted to alt.home.repair
GMach3 GMach3 is offline

Default soffit vent screens, how to replace?

my neighbor just bought some of those stamped aluminum vent covers and
didn't worry about it. It thought it looked ok.

"Linus" wrote in message ...
house is about 30 years old with soffit vent screens in need of
replacement.

They are imbedded in a cement-wiremesh and am wondering if it is possible
to just cut off the screens, clean, vacuum&blow away any obstructions and
install a new screen by just somehow attaching the new screen in some type
of frame that could be screwed into the vent opening?

in other words, if I cut away the screen in the overhang portion of the
roof, is there a replacement vent&screen that can be retrofitted from the
outside or is this a job that can only be done from inside of the attic?