Posted to alt.home.repair
rcf rcf is offline

Default soffit vent screens, how to replace?

Linus wrote:
house is about 30 years old with soffit vent screens in need of replacement.

They are imbedded in a cement-wiremesh and am wondering if it is possible to just cut
off the screens, clean, vacuum&blow away any obstructions and install a new screen by
just somehow attaching the new screen in some type of frame that could be screwed into
the vent opening?

in other words, if I cut away the screen in the overhang portion of the roof, is there
a replacement vent&screen that can be retrofitted from the outside or is this a job
that can only be done from inside of the attic?

if I cut away the screen in the overhang portion of the roof, is there
a replacement vent&screen that can be retrofitted from the outside

Our handy man did exactly that for us. He made 40 diamond shaped
wooden frame with in the inside and then nailed them to the soffet.