Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Joining new concrete to old

robgraham wrote:
I'm adding a shed on the side of my garage.

It works out that the new concrete floor level will just nicely line up
with the top of one of the existing concrete steps into the garage -
makes a nice reference point for the levelling.

However the existing step has quite a 45 deg. bevel on it's leading
edge. Do I need to treat this in any way to get the new concrete to
bond to it ? My concern is that if the bond isn't reasonable, the new
concrete will break away in time as it is potentially a weak spot.

Thanks

Rob

Its never a bad idea to chisel some slots and install some sort of metal
ties in.