Posted to uk.d-i-y
steeler steeler is offline

Default B&Q Tiles

wrote in message
roups.com...
Starting to tile our bathroom next week and don't know a great deal
about tiles. Our thoughts are to tile the majority with an inexpensive
6x6 white tile and get a more expensive border to add a bit of

interest.

Looking at the various standard 6x6 white tiles prices seem to vary
wildly. Box off 44 from B&Q £3.48, same tile from Focus £9.99 for 18!

What's going on here? Are the B&Q tiles that bad or the Focus tiles so
much better? I'd rather pay out for the Focus ones if the B&Q ones are
all going to shatter as soon as I get them out of the box or be covered
in imperfections.

Poundland were doing these @ £1 (natch) for 40 a while back. Although why
you would want to decorate your bathroom like a public lavatory is anyone's
guess. At least pay the 50p a box extra and get cream ;-)