James James is offline
Junior Member

Default Brick work to surround wood burning stove

Hi there,

I have just taken out an old fireplace and I am going to replace it with a wood burning stove with a vertical outlet into the chimney. I have to replace a fair bit of the brick work before rendering, particularly since I can now see into the neighbouring property! I can't decide what sort of brick work to use within the fireplace to surround the stove. I really want to reflect as much heat back into the room, particularly due to the narrow divide between my fireplace and the neighbours one. Is it worth using firebricks to reflect more heat back into the room or perhaps some insulation behind some normal clay bricks would be a better idea?

Any suggestions much appreciated...