Posted to alt.home.repair
JimR JimR is offline

Default Putting Nails Into Concrete Walls

Don't use nails. For places where a Tapcon would be overkill, there are
picture hangers designed for concrete walls that can be put in with a
hammer. They look like a plastic button, with a hook from which to hang the
picture, and with several very small (and sharp) brads sticking out of the
plastic. You drive these small pins into the cement wall -- the trick is to
drive each of the pins into the wall without bending or breaking one of the
others. Removing them later is a PITA and may leave a small (but reparable)
pit in the wall -- these are widely used overseas where most buildings are
of concrete construction, but I believe the picture hangers are available in
the US at big box home stores.

There are also picture hangers that use glue to adhere to the wall. They
look like a folded bandage with a hook in the middle. I've used them many
years ago, but don't trust them to hold anything heavy -- or valuable.

Regards --

"Doug" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I would like to hang some things up in my basement, but the walls are
of course all made of concrete. Is there a special type of nail to
hang on concrete walls or is there something other than nails that can
be used?