Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick Onanian Rick Onanian is offline

Default Putting Nails Into Concrete Walls

Jeff Wisnia wrote:
If you don't have dozens to put in, I'd suggest you take a look at
"Tap-Con" screws, they're sold all over, and can be safer for a novice
than the powder driven fasteners, also easier to remove if you ever need to.

Safer, and more successful. Powder-driven nails into concrete walls
don't work as well as into the floor. In my experience, the wall just
breaks off.

There are also lead anchors that you pound into a drilled hole and
screw into, and there are combo lead anchor + steel pin units that you
just pound in.
http://www.ramset-redhead.com/RH/hammer_prod01.asp