Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia Jeff Wisnia is offline

Default Putting Nails Into Concrete Walls

Doug wrote:
Hi,

I would like to hang some things up in my basement, but the walls are
of course all made of concrete. Is there a special type of nail to
hang on concrete walls or is there something other than nails that can
be used?

If you don't have dozens to put in, I'd suggest you take a look at
"Tap-Con" screws, they're sold all over, and can be safer for a novice
than the powder driven fasteners, also easier to remove if you ever need to.

All you need is an electric drill and the proper size masonry drill bit
to suit the size you are installing. Just drill holes in the concrete
and screw them in.

Goggle is your friend, just enter "Tap-Con" to learn all about them.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia