Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy Michael Kennedy is offline

Default Used wrong plug on my camcorder!! hELp!!

The only way I would think that it could damage it from plugging a 9v power
supply into a 11v camcorder would be if the polarity was backwards on the 9v
psu.

Check the labeling on the transformers and see if they both the same
polarity.

Example of center positve

http://tinyurl.com/mmeg3

http://www.semiconductorstore.com/im...upplyinput.gif

- Mike

wrote in message
ups.com...
I accidentally used the wrong power plug for my camcorder. Nothing
happened. It didn't power on or anything. I didn't think much about
it. Then I figured i might have had the wrong plug. When I finally
did find the right plug for it, I plugged it in and nothing happened.
It doesn't turn on, nothing. It was working before I plugged in the
wrong plug.

The power adapter it is supposed to take is an 11v plug. The one I
accidentally used is a 9v. Did I blow a board or something? Is this
irreversible?