Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] maradcliff@UNLISTED.com is offline

Default Using JB Weld on Exhaust Manifold ?????

Has anyone ever used JB Weld on an exhaust manifold?
I am doing some exhaust work and for some reason the studs came out of
the manifold rather than the brass nuts coming off. (I thought that
was strange). Anyhow, I decided to replace the studs and nuts while I
was at it. There are 3 of them. Two worked fine, the 3rd will not
hold in the manifold. Apparently the threads are bad. Changing the
manifold is not an option. However, what if I JB Weld it in? I know
JB Weld is good, but is this too hot for it to work? Has anyone ever
done it?

One other thing. I used some anti-sieze on all threads. What can I
use to remove it before I use the JB Weld (if I do)? I dont think it
will hold good to that stuff. Will carb cleaner remove it?

Thanks

Mark

*Damn I hate working on exhaust systems*