Posted to alt.home.repair
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Can I put a timer on a basic gas water heater?

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 21:12:51 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Mark
Lloyd quickly quoth:

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 18:50:47 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Nowadays you could do it with your computer and some X-10 gear. Run a
relay from the X-10 appliance module to interrupt the power-on line
from the tstat.

If you want to do this, an appliance module is not the best choice.
Use a "universal module" which can be set to act as just a relay. No
external relay needed. Note that this module can be a power source as
well. Be sure to read the instructions.

Excellent. Thanks for the tip. I'll look into those.

--
Simplicity doesn't mean to live in misery and poverty. You have what you
need and you don't want what you don't need. --Charan Singh (1916-1990)