Posted to alt.home.repair
gabes gabes is offline

Default Water pressure problem in my sprinkler system.

I am having problems getting all my sprinkler zones to work. I have 12
zones with an average of 6 to 8 sprinkler heads on each zone. I have
one zone that does not seem to get enough water pressure or let enough
pressure out to keep my pump and pressure tank running. I have a
private well, 1 hp pump with a pumping rate of 25 gpm. and a 30 gallon
pressure tank. I also have a water softener , but is only hooked to
spigets and faucets connected directly to or in the house. I have one
zone , zone 8 at the moment that isnt working properly. doesnt let
enough water out to keep the pump and pressure tank to keep running, so
water barely squirts out. i have changed control valves and silinoids,
but then a different zone acts up. I have changed 2 control valves at
the same time while leaving one or the other open, and get this weird
gurgling sound with water running out for a short period. then i
replace the valve tops and all the zones work. However a week later a
zone acts up again. do the same thing with 2 different control valves
and can get it to work again , but only for a short time again. Did
have a sprinkler guy come in and he cant seem to find the problem. Kal