Posted to rec.woodworking
Rick Samuel Rick Samuel is offline

Default trunnion misalignment

In article ,
Larry Blanchard wrote:
The blade on my contractor saw is parallel to the miter slots when the
blade
is at 90 degrees, but gets off when the blade is tilted. Quite a bit by
the
time I tilt it to 45 degrees.

It's my understanding that this is caused by the trunnions not being in the
same vertical plane and the solution is to shim the "high" trunnion.

My question is this. Is it possible the determine the "high" trunnion by
the
direction in which the blade is off? My saw (a no-name Taiwanese clone) is
right tilt and the back of the blade is further to the right than the front
when it it tilted.

Grizzly has the process in the owners manual. Look at the 444Z TS, the
manual is on that page. Not sure if it's the same, but another check.