Posted to misc.consumers.house
Bill Bill is offline

Default Update on Digital Electric Meter

FYI - The big wires in an electric meter base and to the main panel can come
loose with time. When installed, these should be "torqued" to the base or
panel manufacturer's specifications with a torque wrench. Also if it is
aluminum wiring, special goop should be applied to prevent oxidation.

Might want to leave well enough alone if everything is working OK now. But
if you have the problem in the future, ask the electric company to come out
and re-torque your meter and panel service wires. This is not a
do-it-yourself thing. Something the electric company does.

And I suppose there could also have been a problem with the meter seating
into its base and maybe his removing and re-installing solved the problem
(and not a loose service wire problem)...

"ncangelone" wrote in message
Thought I would post real quick, remember I was having problems with
power going off sporadically, power company had put in new digital
meter and it started right after that..had them out once, they couldnt
find any problems, kept happening, so I , I posted here on 6/29 asking
for advice.

Well Progress Energy sent someone out from Honeywell that day, he
pulled the meter, tested it, put it back in, said again, nothing was
wrong with meter.

Here it is, how many days later, and guess what! the electric has NOT
fluctuated once since that time.

Obviously there was something "loose" somewhere with this meter. Here's
hoping it doesnt happen again!

Nanette