Posted to rec.woodworking

Default trunnion misalignment

In article ,
Larry Blanchard wrote:
The blade on my contractor saw is parallel to the miter slots when the blade
is at 90 degrees, but gets off when the blade is tilted. Quite a bit by the
time I tilt it to 45 degrees.

It's my understanding that this is caused by the trunnions not being in the
same vertical plane and the solution is to shim the "high" trunnion.

My question is this. Is it possible the determine the "high" trunnion by the
direction in which the blade is off? My saw (a no-name Taiwanese clone) is a
right tilt and the back of the blade is further to the right than the front
when it it tilted.

--
It's turtles, all the way down

You would need to shim the front trunnion; visualize lowering the
front of the blade while it is tilted at 45d.
..

..
--

Larry Wasserman Baltimore, Maryland