Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Addison Phil Addison is offline

Default Balancing a washing machine.

On Wed, 05 Jul 2006 08:52:27 GMT, in uk.d-i-y marvelus
wrote:

How do you adjust the legs at the back? If there is a too little gap
between machine and counter top its tricky to use the rocking
technique also the instructions state it *must* be level. Idealy you
want enough space at the top to get a spirit level on and you want
access to the back legs.

The back feet (I doubt they are long enough to be called legs) are often
non-adjustable. In this case you have to accept any left to right slope
of the floor. In any case it is much more important to have the weight
equally firmly bearing on all 4 feet than to have it absolutely level.

The OP could try adjusting the legs with the machine pulled out of the
kitchen cabinets untill a spirit level says its level on all axis then
push it back in and hope the floor is level.

I would simply leave it where it is and adjust the front feet so it
can't rock. With the machine upright and with its weight on the feet,
screw them in or out (first slackening any lock nut) until both front
feet are equally difficult to rotate. At this point the weight should be
more or less equally bearing on all four. A further slight adjustment
may be needed after running the machine.

A different cause of the problem could be a poorly supported floor, e.g
rotted joist ends or wall plate beneath the floorboards.