Posted to uk.d-i-y
MikeH MikeH is offline

Default Balancing a washing machine.

marvelus wrote:
I dont think thats what he means. The vibration is from the machine
not being level.

How do you adjust the legs at the back? If there is a too little gap
between machine and counter top its tricky to use the rocking
technique also the instructions state it *must* be level. Idealy you
want enough space at the top to get a spirit level on and you want
access to the back legs.

The OP could try adjusting the legs with the machine pulled out of the
kitchen cabinets untill a spirit level says its level on all axis then
push it back in and hope the floor is level.

Yes, I guessed the OP was probably talking about levelling the machine,
but I thought it worth mentioning the shipping clamps in case they'd
been missed.

In my experience a lot of machines have two fixed feet at the back with
adjustable feet at the front where they are relatively accessible. If
the back feet *are* adjustable then, yes, it can be a pig to get them
set right - especially as they're inclined to rotate and adjust
themselves some more as you try to slide the machine back into place
:-(

Yes, the machine needs to be reasonably level but personally I've never
bothered to use a spirit level - it's not normally an issue unless
you're dealing with very uneven floors in old buildings. Even if the
OP prefers it to be 'spot-on', he should be able to use the top of the
machine as a visual reference without actually having to place the
level on the top of the machine.

Mike