Posted to uk.d-i-y
mrcheerful . mrcheerful                                                                          . is offline

Default How can I cool my loft?

"mentalguy2004" wrote in message
I have an extremely hot loft, which is keeping the top half of my house hot
as well. I'm running 2 large air conditioners upstairs, but the heat isn't
escaping through the loft which is at least 10 degrees hotter. Downstairs
is around 5-6 degrees cooler than upstairs.

I don't have a loft skylight (nor the will or cash to install one), so
does anyone have any ideas on how to cool the loft so that I can get rid
of some heat upstairs?

Thanks!

put an extract fan in the loft area, either to an outside wall or a chimney
or even through a tile