Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb

Default Windmill nonsense.. Tilting at Wind mills

In message .com,
naffer writes
Interesting mail/press item today which suggested that wholesale
changing to energy efficient lamps would save about the same/more as
all the windmills that we have (or could have?) Did they add in tidal,
too?

... and their saving would be 24/7 not just when the wind blows.

Perhaps, it's not so sexy having to go to the shop and buy new lamps

er.. they are only going to *save* energy when you need them switched
on.

I suspect there is some doubtful thinking when a government minister
pontificates about how many power stations could be switched off if only
we would stop leaving electronic equipment on standby. I'll bet they
have forgotten that energy *wasted* is actually reducing space heating
requirements during the Winter.

regards

--
Tim Lamb