Posted to alt.home.repair
Big Al

Default swamp cooler motor problem

"bearmd" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am having a problem with my swamp cooler. Just this season, when
the fan is on "high" (I only have 2 settings), it will all of the
sudden slow down to low (for 5-30 seconds) and then speed back up again

to high. This has never happened before and I have lived in the house
for 3 summers. I do the maintenance myself, but I didn't notice
anything untoward when I was setting up the cooler this spring. It
sounds like it might be the motor and/or bearings? But how do I find
out? And is it easy to replace the motor? Thanks!!

Are you sure it not the belt slipping?

Al