Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What to do with unused electrical wiring

Hopefully there's a quick and easy answer to my question that I can't
find on the web. I'd like to remove a wall switch controlling a light
in my house (it's a 3-way switch and I decided I don't need this end of
it). My question is what I need to do with the wiring to the switch. It
will still be live because the circuit will still be active. Do I need
to pull it all the out from the electrical breaker box? Or can I just
tape it up, maybe put a plastic wire nut on it and leave it inside the
wall? I have very basic electrical skills (can wire lights, outlets,
etc.) so let me know if this is beyond my expertise. Thanks in advance
for the help.

Dave