Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel

Default Removing HW Cylinder connector insert

"Steve Firth" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Jun 2006 10:43:30 GMT, fred wrote:

Nice one John, I've considered a similar setup with a (much) longer
central
pipe as a return for a DHW circulation pump.

Twas indeed. The only change I would make is instead of copper bashing to
make a right angle I would solder a 90 end feed elbow to the end of the 15
mm tube but would cut off the unsoldered arm of the elbow.

I would solder in a 15mm male cap at the end of the pipe. Then drill holes
around the pipe. Then it takes in water from 360 degrees at the top of the
cylinder. Much better. Ramming a fitting over a pipe is not good.

Another way is to have a compression: 15mm top X 22mm centre X 22mm bottom
tee. Or, depending on cylinder connection a compression: 15mm top X 22mm
centre X 3/4" male or female bottom tee.

Drill or file out the 15mm pipe stop in the compression tee. Now a 15mm pipe
with an internal male solder cap in the end can be inserted. The olive slid
down and the nut tightened. The tee just fits in the cylinder DHW draw-off.
A blow torch will not be needed.