Carl Byrns

Default SURVIVING THE 100 YEAR WINTER

On Sat, 6 Dec 2003 16:51:28 -0800, "Ken Davey"
wrote:

Winter of '66 I had a rental on the west shore of the Lake of Two Mountains
just west of Montreal.
A blizzard came up overnight and huge drifts covered most of the local
roads.

Oh, yeah. I was just a kid, but I remember my dad tunnelling though
the snow to the street. Like something from 'Hogan's Heros'.
We lived across the street from the fire department which meant our
street was plowed early and often- the firemen delivered food to
trapped residents via snowmobile.
Took about a week to find our car in the snowdrifts.

-Carl