Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Jr

Default Murphy, wall, hideaway bed plans

Hello Woodworkers,
I am considering making a Murphy bed.

I have tried to find some free plans and got a copy of the Workbench plans
that are around. They are kind of vague and don;t show the hinge points or
the counter weighting. I have a link to the Create-A-Bed kit that looks
very promising and it is supposed to be easy to make. It looks like the
same kit that Rockler sells. I also found some plans from U-bild.com The
description says it's spring assisted but it looks like it is just a
variation of the plan for the Create-A-Bed kit, so I'm thinking I would buy
the plans and the first instruction would be to order a kit from Rockler or
Create-A-Bed?

here are the links to the sites

Create-A-Bed
http://www.wallbed.com/

Rockler (yiks! watch that line wrap)
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=9
&SearchHandle=DADBDADBDADADDDGDJDEDDGFGCDCDGDJCNGC GFDBGGCNDEGDDGDGCNGBGCDJD
JCNGFDDGCGCGDDJDBDGDJGBGCGBDADADADBDADADADADGGNHFH CHAGIHJDADADADEDADADADADA
DADADBDFDADADADBDADADADADADADADADADADADADBDADADADA DGGNHFHCHAGIHJDADADADBDB&
filter=murphy

U-BILD.com
http://www.u-bild.com/projects-indoor/707.htm

Anyone make a Murphy or wall bed? Got any tips?
I was kinda think'n (that's usually my first sign of trouble ahead) I could
use some steel plates with 1/2” bolts mounted through them for the hinge
but the counter weighting not so easy to figure out.

I want to make a horizontal queen size. The room I want to put it in has a
fan and I already have the mattress.

Thank You,
Pat Jr.