Posted to uk.d-i-y
Darren

Default Flow restrictors

I have just had a new combi boiler fitted, so my bathroom water is now at
mains pressure.

My basin taps are Monobloc, Ceramic disc, Dualflow, Dual control. To
prevent water splashing everywhere due to the very high flow rates I have to
only slightly open them (a fraction of a turn). The problem is I now get a
horrible high pitched noise from the taps when they are only slightly opened
(goes away when opened more fully). When I suggested fitting isolating
valves and partially closing them, the plumber said I would get a similar
noise from the valve instead.

Are there inline flow reducing valves that won't make this noise? If so,
does anyone recommend any particular make?

Thanks, Darren.