Posted to alt.home.repair
JoeSpareBedroom

Default Fix tile shower or put new fiberglass insert

"Jack" wrote in message
oups.com...
Found my tile shower to be leaking.. plumber in the house for another
project told me to break out bottom 6 inches of tile, and the floor
tile and he would install new pan.. then we tile back over and be done
with it. One I did that it was clear the wet wood continues up higher
than 6 inches..

Now my thought is that it would be stupid to try to repair and
re-tile.. and I should just remove all tile and replace with one of
those fiberglass insert jobs. Doesn't that make more sense?

You *could* do that, but if it were mine, I'd at least take a trip to a real
tile store, just to see if there were any patterns that are fantastic enough
to make you want to do all the work. It would be nasty to put in a
fiberglass thing, and then a week later, spot a tile job in a magazine and
be kicking yourself for the next however many years.