Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

Default Fitting Gas pipes under the floor

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 13:00:43 -0700, wrote:

I've got to run a 28mm copper pipe from the front to the back of my
house so I can install a Combi Boiler, It will have to lie under the
floor boards - is it O.K to lie it on the sleeper walls and betwean the
joists (3"x2") - I mean has it got to be a certain distance below the
floorboards? Any thing else I might need to know apart from getting a
corgi fitter to do it?. Cheers. Martin

The main difficulties are getting the 28mm pipe under the floor without
getting dirt into the ends of the pipe. This means that you have to use
smallish sections and more joins.
if you can get the pipe in through an air brick from outside then you will
have an easier time.

Clip the pipe, keep it away from masonry.

Read BS 6891 (see below).

The FAQ for uk.diy is at
http://www.diyfaq.org.uk