Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Stumbles

Default Fitting Gas pipes under the floor

On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 13:00:43 -0700, wrote:

I've got to run a 28mm copper pipe from the front to the back of my
house so I can install a Combi Boiler, It will have to lie under the
floor boards - is it O.K to lie it on the sleeper walls and betwean the
joists (3"x2") - I mean has it got to be a certain distance below the
floorboards? Any thing else I might need to know apart from getting a
corgi fitter to do it?. Cheers. Martin

The pipe must be adequately supported. Under a floor I'd make sure it's
not actually waving about. I'd also sleeve it (e.g. bit of gash 32mm
plastic waste pipe) where it would lie on masonry, to protect it from
corrosion.