Posted to alt.home.repair
digitalmaster

Default Recharge my home's own A/C

"Rick" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a manifold set and 30lb can of R-22 refrigerant and need to top
off my home AC system that seems to need a recharge every 3-4 years.
Is there a do-it-yourself guide that shows how to locate the low
pressure recharge point and steps a repair person through it? I've
googled the subject and not found anything! I really do not want to
pay a repair man $100 to add one pound of refrigerant into the system,
when I own the coolant and tools. Thanks in advance.

the low pressure port is on the side with the larger tube.Make sure the can
is upright with the hose out the top when putting refrigerant in the low
side.Add a little at a time with the system running till the system runs
right.
BE AWARE you may be breaking the law...it would be best to bite the bullet
and get this system fixed right as the tech may spot something that will
save you from total replacement later.Talk to the tech about trading the
refrigerant you have to him for a discount??