Posted to alt.home.repair
udarrell

Default Recharge my home's own A/C

Rick wrote:

I have a manifold set and 30lb can of R-22 refrigerant and need to top
off my home AC system that seems to need a recharge every 3-4 years.
Is there a do-it-yourself guide that shows how to locate the low
pressure recharge point and steps a repair person through it? I've
googled the subject and not found anything! I really do not want to
pay a repair man $100 to add one pound of refrigerant into the system,
when I own the coolant and tools. Thanks in advance.

The leak should be fixed.

You need far more than a manifold gage to accurately charge an air
conditioner!
Read and learn what you need in instruments and know-how. - udarrell -
Darrell
After you know what to ask a service tech, call and get the leak located
and fixed, ask the tech to use your R-22.

--
Air Conditioning's Affordable Path to the "Human Comfort Zone Goal"
http://www.udarrell.com/air-conditio...tent-heat.html