Posted to uk.d-i-y
David Hansen

Default Rain Water Coming Down Chimneys

On 18 May 2006 10:02:05 -0700 someone who may be
wrote this:-

Weird thing happened today, I came back from work and found globs of
rainwater in my dining room and in my lounge on the floors. This is the
first time I have ever experienced this in 2 years and it looks as
though water had been coming down the chimney after a heavy downpour
this afternoon. Should this happen,

It happens. However, people only tend to notice if the water makes
it all the way down the chimney, bounces off the fireplace and onto
the floor.

should there be something ontop of
the chimney to stop water ingress?

You can fit various designs of cowl to prevent this happening. None
of them look attractive in my view.

--
David Hansen, Edinburgh