Posted to alt.home.repair
Christine Cato

Default Slate roof/ box gutters question

We have a leak in our roof and/ or box gutters and have been having
roofers come out to give us estimates. I'm not sure I trust all of the
information they are giving us though so if someone can tell me...

- Do slate roofs need regular maintenance beyond replacing broken/
missing slates? Is applying a waterproofer or conditioner a good idea?

- Our box gutters definitely need to be relined. What is the correct
way/ material to use? Does the bottom row of slate need to be removed/
replaced to do this correctly?

We have gotten different info from different roofers, so I am just trying
to figure out what's best. Thanks!