Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Default Using Plasma TV as computer monitor?

It is not recommended to use a Plasma display for a computer monitor. It is
best to use a proper dedicated monitor for your computer to have the best
results.

Plasma displays are very susceptible to have burn in, and also will not
perform as well as a dedicated computer LCD screen when used on a computer.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a friend who is willing to sell me a 32" Sharp Aquos Plasma HD
TV and I want to know before I buy it; could I use it as a computer
monitor? It has a HDMI connector and my computer has a DVI connector
also. I see cables on Ebay that can connect the two together but would
the picture be blurry or patchy? What about resolution settings? What
would the advantages and disadvantages be? Thanks