Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
ED

Default OT - How to Scare Off Coyotes?

On Thu, 11 May 2006 13:01:05 -0700, "Steve B"
wrote:

"ED" wrote

There's fellow who crosses wolf hounds with grey hounds in
this locality. It's said his dogs are hell on four legs to a coyote.

ED

Actually, the best cross breed is a pit bull and a collie. It will rip your
arm off, but then it will go for help.

A medium sized pack of coyotes will make short work of a pit bull,
or rottweiler type dog.

I've seen a single coyote come out and actually
lure a dog to come after him only to have the rest of the pack laying
in wait back in the brush. I know of a rottie getting mugged and
killed a few years ago by a pack using this ploy.

My inlaws go out with the coyote houndsman who runs these grey hound
crosses. They cruise ranch country with the dogs in the
truck bed. When they jump up a coyote they sic the
hounds on em. These dogs have the heart of a lion...
the pelts pay for some of the dogs food and gas...the
ranchers also give them hunting rights for other game in turn. Sweet.

ED

Steve