Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default how to repair a sag in a gutter

"autonut843" wrote in message oups.com...
If you can't raise the center, lower the ends. The gutter should be separate from
the drip edge.

Bob

Thanks Bob,
Unfortunately it looks like the gutter has the 'high back' edge to go
up the edge of the roof so I don't see how I could raise or lower any
of it. Am I right or is there an option I don't know about?
(I googled and found pictures that say it is called 'high back' on this
URL http://www.austingutterman.com/gutte...half_round.asp )
This weekend I plan on using a string to see if the roof edge has a
sag.
I have a hunch that my best bet is to just seal the seam at the low
point that is leaking and in a few years when the gutter rusts out,
replace it with a gutter that does not have to exactly follow the edge
of the roof line. Where the gutter is separate from the drip edge.

I'm not an expert, but I've never seen a gutter that could not be re-positioned.

You could just put another downspout at the low spot.

Bob