Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Can I use a filter on the washing machine waste line?

wrote:
I found that my drywell has become clogged with lint and soap scum.
After I clean it out and refurbish it I thought I could put something
in line with the washing machine waste line. Does such a thing even
exist? (Only the washing machine feeds into this drywell.)

I used to have an apartment where they put some type of filter inline
with the shower head due to the dirt in the town's water. Not sure if
that would work - that seemed to be for more fine particles like dirt
and sand. Not sure if could hold up to suds and stuff.

TIA

I seem to recall there being special laundry products (replacements for
the detergent) just for that kind of problem.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit