Posted to alt.home.repair
Goedjn

Default Cleaning off old motar from brick

On 3 May 2006 20:07:58 -0700, wrote:

I need to rebuild a retaining wall, I broke down most of the wall. I
need to clean off the existing mortar from the brick.

I read many articles saying how dangerous muramic acid is. I saw
phosphoric acid isn't as dangerous. Has anyone tried phosphroic on
morter? Is there anything else to use?

Just use the muriatic, and try not to swallow any of it,
or pour it up your nose. You do need to treat it as if
it were (duh) acid, but I'm not sure that meets my standards
for "dangerous", any more than gasoline does.

I was under the impression that
used brick wasn't considered suitable for structural
applications once you took it apart, no matter what you
did to it. How high is this wall?