Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Default removing old tile adhesive

Ed D Ball wrote:
They say soak them in water but mine have been in for 2 weeks now and
although the adhesive is starting to soften, i think it willbe a few more
weeks until the water penetrates all the way.
Probably easier to go for some new ones and brighten the place up .I will be
interested in any further ideas..........
"Lenny Brown" wrote...
Hi Just removed all the old tiles from the bathroom the walls
are a mess I was just wandering if anyone had any tips to getting the
old adhesive off the walls Scraping is gonna take some time..
Thanks for any help

Ed, you are psoting upside-down. Anyway, Mr. Brown was asking about
how to remove adhesive from his walls, not the tiles! Unless you
have vitreous (or =) tiles, soaking them to remove adhesive is
likely to produce a poor tile for re-use.