Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Default How can I boost range of garage door transmitter?

Nospam wrote:

Is there a way to boost the range of a garage door transmitter? Currently
the dang thing does not go up until I am almost in front of the door (the
battery is new).

Thanks,
Robert

If the transmitter is one of the ones where the transmit RF frequency is
adjustable by screwing a tuning slug in and out of a coil, it may have
drifted out of tune and you could retune it.

You'll likely need to connect a voltmeter to a test point on the
receiver to do that, and tune the transmitter slug to peak the meter
reading.

Your equipment manuals should tell you if that can be done.

HTH,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia