Mark

Default Sanford Surface Grinder

Oh, Alan, you beat me to it! So where's it going? Gonna move a
wall and move the South Bend and the horizontal mill into new quarters?
Or, my (first) marriage survived a Porsche engine under the bed for
a few months - perhaps move something into *her* ("our") living space?
Having witnessed the pain you went through disposing of those compressor
parts, I don't really see you actually SELLING anything...

I rather liked my line - borrowed from a friend of Guy Lautard - "A
lathe followed me home and I think I'll keep it....."

/mark

Alan Rothenbush wrote:

I just bought a Sanford Surface Grinder via eBay, even though I've never
even seen one. I just decided I needed (OK, wanted) a surface grinder and
the ONLY place in the shop where one could possibly be located meant a
benchtop unit and that was that.

So, halftime of a boring Monday Night Footbal game, I was trolling eBay and
lo and behold, there it was, with a "Buy It Now" price I couldn't resist.

But now for SHMBO ...

"Honey, have you bought me a Christmas present yet ?"

A somewhat angry reply

"No ! You haven't told me what you want and you don't need anything and I
don't really have time to go shopping and so, no !"

A meek rejoinder

"How about buying me a surface grinder for Christmas ?"

And the next angry reply

"If you want a surface grinder, buy it yourself !"

CLICK went the ENTER key, and now somewhere between Florida and Washington
State is 250 pounds of grinder.

Merry Christmas to me, Merry Christmas to me
Merry Christmas dear Alan
Merry Christmas to me !

Next step was to scour the 'net looking for info on Sanford, with a
staggering lack of success.

I went to DejaNews and looked up and read all the posts from this group, but
didn't find all that I was looking for.

SO, in the hope that there's someone out there with hitherto unpublished or
unannounced information, can anyone point me to online verions of

an owner's manual
a part manual
a list of tips and "look out for"s

Thanks in advance.