Posted to uk.d-i-y
Clive

Default Loosening plastic waste water trap

Hi,

The water from my hand basin is draining really slowly. I think the
waste trap is clogged with hair. the trap is white plastic and slightly
"hidden" behind a tall, porcelain pedestal beneath the bowl.

I have tried to unscrew the trap using my hands but it is difficult
to get an effective grip - and the trap seems jammed tight. How can I
loosen the retaining nut on the water trap? The space beneath the bowl
and behind the pedestal is quite tight and I can only get one hand
round about one hald of the external surface of this plastic nut. Once
it has moved half a turn I am sure the trap will unscrew easily.

Thanks

Clive