Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Room Darkening Window Film for Homes

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 22:47:21 GMT, "Shopdog" wrote:

I worked 3rd shift some time ago and my solution was to get room darkening
blinds. I'd like to know who determined that they darkened the room? Yeah,
it was not as bright but dark it was not! Then I found black blinds,they
were almost perfect, then I was able to find heavy weight black curtains.
This was perfect no light at all. I got a good "days" sleep thereafter.

Searcher

There are studies that show people who "work 3rf shift" have a higher
rate of some kinds of cancers than people who sleep at night, I
believe because the body needs darkness to produce melatonin. Or
something. So your black-out curtains sound perfect.